Monday, July 17, 2006

la musica


(photo from .philipp on flicker)

Got ipod. Opened up the box today. Feel like I'm finally joining the 21st century. Left work early as a further gift to myself. Trying not to overthink everything.

Made time to exercise today. At the gym, the guy on the treadmill next to me was breathing very hard. I could hear him through both our ipods. Thought he was going to pass out. Felt a mixture of concern, disgust, and wonder at how he could pant so loudly and not seem self-conscious in the least. Wondered if he was one of those people who have loud sex. Of course. Tried to tune him out and concentrate on my bangra hip-hop and my breathing.

Movement & music. Great way to release energy. Although I'm conflicted about how we tune each other out, especially in public places. Oh well. For now, oh well.

Heard a great Talk of the Nation interview with Stanley Crouch. He cited Picasso and said something about how artists keep going back to the same themes in their art; how everyone's art is made up of a few things that they keep going back to, again and again.

I'm discovering more about the blog thing everyday. Love it. Helps me reduce the number of times I obessively check email. Thanks to those who sent comments. I feel less alone.

1 Comments:

Blogger NYC TAXI SHOTS said...

.,

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home