Friday, July 14, 2006

friday night blues


I love how KCSM plays the blues on Friday nites. It's so fitting. Got home from work just now. Was in the office until the cleaning lady came, and then I had to tell her, as gently as I could, that her dusting my office was distracting and could she please clean another office first? (because there are a whole bunch of other offices and I was the only one actually trying to *work* in mine).

And, of course, I felt bad about telling her to get out, but at the same time did not want to be distracted and have to stay all nite and then walk to my car at 10 pm and get mugged. When you work a certain number of hours a day, or a week, or whatever, you just really start to go numb. This is one reason overtime laws should protect us all (but they don't) -- so we can still manage to have feelings at the end of the workday.

This is not the life I want to live. I'm eating takeout too much again. Tonite, I ate leftovers of takeout from yesterday. Which is several degrees of separation from my eating a home-cooked, semi-organic meal, a goal I thought I'd aim for but am failing miserably at, even once a week. At least I've upgraded what I pick up on the way home. And the wine. I drink better wine now that I'm drinking more of it and can tell the difference. As I trifle away what's left of the evening.

This is my Friday nite for now. To all the people (person?) reading this (high-five if you're reading this), I hope you have a good night and retain your sense of humor and bounce your knee a bit to some low-down, dirty blues for me tonite because yeah, I'm feelin it too.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sundae said...

no, u're not talking to yourself, and yes, there are ppl reading this.. :) my friday wasn't much more interesting..

9:35 PM  
Blogger lara said...

thanks for your comment... i'm reading, now, too! keep posting!

6:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home